Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year. :)

Over the past years I've had my share of hardships, like most in life. I've had very important family members taken from me, best friends leave or stick around, had my heart broken and tried my hardest but failed. I have taken all of this in stride, accepting help when it was necessary. But this past year everything has fell into place, I succeeded in getting into my top college, made it to one year with a boy, watch my Grandmother live past the sentence the cancer had given her, and even traveled to one more place.
I've learned after being dumped shortly before the New Year that I am strong as an individual, sure I like being in a relationship for I love to love people, but I don't need to be in one to be happy. I've learned that my New Years kiss doesn't have to be a boy it can be from a best friend on the cheek. I know right now that in my (almost) 19 years of life, I have a lot to give the world and I know that the right person for me is out there :) Now if only I could let go of some of my anxiety this year could be great :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cool !! I am so proud of you and so happy I know you...for so many reasons! Best of luck to you in 2011 and beyond !

    ReplyDelete