Thursday, January 27, 2011

Intro to Photographic Media..or dance time.

This Wednesday I started my photography class, and it was fun to actually put my lovely camera to good use. We did a photo shoot using lights, music, and ourselves as models. The assignment was to use the edges of the picture and fragment the person. In the picture above you can see one of my photos of my friend Carly. :) Shes very energetic and loves when you play with her hair, and in using her as my model(along with my bestie Eli who's photos I don't have yet) jumped around and moved in different ways as I worked around them to get the photos that I wanted.
While I was doing that I was dancing around and acting like a fool and no one judged me and choose to join in, and most of these people I knew but am not close with and a few who I did not know. But at the end of the class I was having a blast. We had music blasting, random dance offs, and still got some good photographs out of it.
This is what I want to do with my life, photograph people having fun enjoying themselves. My goal is to one day work as a Rolling Stone(the magazine) photographer, photographing famous people and hear their stories and enjoy taking their photos. The number one person would have to be Johnny Depp, I love his work, and him :) haha.

all of the photographs on this blog are done by yours truly and one day I'll put up a post of just photos. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun photograph, one that makes the viewer stop and take a second look. I love photography and the choices the photographer makes in how to capture his/her subject. Very cool. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are discovering your passion!!

    ReplyDelete