Friday, January 28, 2011

Beach during the winter.

Today I went out with some friends and went around town and to the beach to take photos. I love going to the beach in the fall and winter, yes the beach is wonderful in the summer for its warm and not chilly during that time, but in the fall and winter months the beach takes on a new feeling and a sense of wonder. I love that I can stand on the beach and see birds, like some stray geese and a few seagulls still swimming about in the ice cold water and feel happy by watching them continue life during the coldest months of New England living. I love the solitariness of the empty beach, however cold it maybe, the fact that all I can hear and see is the waves crashing in onto the surprisingly bare beach, looking around at the rest of the snow covered land.
I'm glad that the college I chose to attend for the next three years is so close to the beach. I love the smell and the crisp air that flows in from the ocean. I just love the beach when its empty and utterly silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment