Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Traveling.

               So as it is getting near the time of the year where I used to start packing my bags, start a count down and get my stuff ready for that plane flight over either the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean to some new country for me and some friends to explore. Starting at the age of 11 or 12 my mother took me on a cruise into the Bahamas where we stopped at one of the islands and my travel bug started. From then on our usual trip to Massachusettes seemed less exciting as it once was. So off to Canada in 7th grade, then in the fall of my freshman year in high school I signed up to go on the school trip to Japan. In 10th grade I took that 16 hour plane ride to Osaka Japan and I loved the culture and the experience. So for the the next three years of high school I traveled to; Germany, Greece, Italy, The Vatican City(it is its own country in a country), Ireland, Wales, England, and Scotland.
           This year my breaks don't fall with my old high school so the trip to Germany(the first time i only stayed for two nights and one day) was canceled for me. However next year I get the chance to go to either  Italy, Japan, or England and I am super excited :) :)

1 comment:

  1. I share your wanderlust. I traveled to various points in the U.S., to Bermuda, and then to Finland/Sweden/Denmark when I was living with my parents. Since moving out on my own I've only been to the Bahamas on my honeymoon and to Colorado for a friend's wedding. I've really missed traveling but I truly hope to get back to it someday. Traveling gives you a rich perspective on the world. Do as much of it as you can afford to! :)

    ReplyDelete